Friday, February 5, 2016

I thought it was imposible because it took me awhile.

2016 is a great start for me, from seeing the improvements in my performance at the gym, getting gigs every weekends and receiving lots of compliments everyday that I'm starting to look better and better again. It really gives me positive energy to continue my fitness journey!

BEFORE and AFTER

I decided to measure my weight this morning and the results really makes my day! :D
 From 59kg I am at 55kg in 3 months! :D
Yet, body weight is not the most important thing to focus on, what is important is that your body shape. I didn't drop much on the scale but I definitely look better than ever!
The results I'm comparing is only from NOV15-FEB16.


This is the whole story
I started working out again around February last year but I couldn't see any changes or results because I didn't take my diet seriously and only focused on doing cardio all the time. I'm not saying that cardio is a bad thing it is just better when you mix it up with weights training to see better results. 

Around June, I had my friend Anderson who works as a personal trainer in the gym. He trained me for a couple of weeks and I started to see results again. But then he had left to Singapore for a better job offer. So I was not very motivated anymore and things went down again.

Then after that my boyfriend's mom offered to help me out so she starting giving me tips on the workouts I should do and what my diet should look like.

Both of them taught me to do a lot of strength training and exercises. At first I was kind of scared because I was like all typical girls that thinks lifting weights will make you bulky. Honey, now you see my results you'll believe me that is just Bullsh*t. Weights training will not make you bulky because it's harder for female to gain muscles compared to men. And what you eat is also very important, if you eat clean and moderately you will not get bulky. :)

So yeah, results were pretty slow at the first 2-3 months. You can see I toned up a little but not much difference at the beginning. Even my weight only dropped like 1kg and then can gain back easily again if I eat something not clean. Pretty devastating.. 
But after that things are starting to show more and more obvious results. :)

So this is the part where ya'll been waiting for.

HOW?

1.DIET

Eating clean is important. I still eat a lot and love to munch on food every few hours but the difference is that I don't eat MCD's chicken burger or any junk food and try to stay away from refined carbs and processed food. 

FYI, Granolla bars and cereals aren't actually good for losing weight because it's high in sugar and carbs. It's also processed food.

Cookies,chips, chocolate bars, ice cream and all the sweet stuff should be avoided but you can have them a little bit on your cheat day to reward yourself. 
The fresher the better it is!
 I eat fresh fruits, vegetables and a lot of GRILLED MEAT! 
Meat is not only tasty but it also has high source in protein and keeps you full for a longer time. 
The meat is eat is not fried and greasy. It always has to be either grilled, steamed or boiled. But grilled always tastes better! :D

Ps:/ Home-cooked food is better than eating outside because outside food usually contains salt, sugar, and MSG and it's bad for you if you're planning on loosing weight. 

2. Drink lots of water!
Drinking a lot of water helps detoxify your body and increase the metabolism.
Drinking before every meal will also makes you feel fuller! 

3. MOVE THAT BODY!


I hit the gym 5 days at least in a week for 1 to 2 hours a day. Sometimes I even go twice a day if I have no classes or work.

I change my workouts regularly. If I do more cardio then I'll combine weights and circuit after.
If I plan to lift heavy I'll just do a very short cardio.

For example:
4o minutes run on the treadmill.

20 minutes circuit: 3x30 secs
Mountain climbers
Jump squats
Burpees
Lunges
Russian twists
Sit ups
Crunches
Push ups
Plank-1 minute
Stretch.

Remember: There's unlimited ways to design your own workout and you can always look up for more on websites or pages on IG and Facebook. There's a lot of them! :)

One of my favorite fitness page is BodyRockTv
You can check it out for some workout ideas and inspiration!

20 minutes run

1 hour of strenght training. 4x10
Barbell squats
Deadlifts
Lunges with weights
Front squats

I usually go as heavy as I can but if you're a beginner can start without using weights. :)

All these exercises are just some examples, you can always do your own workout. 
 You can also join classes like grit, body pump, rpm, HIIT etc if you don't really like working out alone.

Don't forget to stretch after your workout! :D

4. Sleep
Having proper sleep is important. I usually sleep 6-8 hours at night and 1 hour nap after college before I hit the gym. Without having enough sleep your body will be tired and you won't be able to perform well in the gym because your body is lack of energy. Sleep is also important for your health and skin. If you want that beautiful glowing skin, make sure you get a good sleep everynight!
So these are the important basics to losing weight. As long as you are consistent and always rotating your workout routine you'll definitely see results, its just a matter of time. :)

I hope I answered all of your questions especially to those who hit me up and asked me how I made here. 

I would also like to thank those who have been there for me throughout this journey full of ups and down especially Vivian and Anderson, you guys are awesome people and I love you.
My boyfriend have also been very supportive and also to Izu aka my gym buddy, we're gonna get better and better son!

Thanks for all your support my lovely readers! :)

To keep up with my journey you can follow me on Google plus, Instagram @harukibubuge!
Just drop me a comment below if you have any questions that you want me to answer.
 
Good Luck trying and don't forget to share your results with me! <3

15 comments:

  1. i absolutely adore this :D thank you for sharing with us your secrets darling! you look (but also looked) amazing!
    xo
    vale
    www.fashionneed09.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, so amazing !!! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know on my blog ... so I follow back ok?
    GFC and Google+
    instagram: @mirandabeautyworld
    I'm waiting for you ... :-)
    Kisses

    Diana
    http://www.mirandabeautyworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing blog dear<3
    greetings from germany!!!
    xx, laura :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already looked sexy in the before photo but in the after photo you look even more sexy and toned! Good job! :) Your body's stats improved a lot! You lost visceral fat, gained bone mass, and your metabolic age is at 19! Truly impressive! :D I seriously need to diet and exercise. I'm trying to little by little right now but since I'm busy studying for a major exam I can't... my brain needs all the glucose hahaha and I need sweets (ohh nooo) to make me happy while reviewing :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome and so inspiring!! I am at a similar weight as you were and I'm trying to lose it as well but it has been very hard for me with work and uni and everything. I hope to lose some as well, soon x


    Wildfire Charm
    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your results are great! I'll keep your suggestions in mind, really helpful! Your blog is sooo nice to read! :) I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other, so we can keep in touch! If so just let me know once you're following me and I'll be right back!
    Laura xx
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone! Will directly reply and follow back on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, thanks for the nice answer, followed you :)

      Delete
  8. The food served looks delicious!

    would you like to follow each other on google friend connect and google plus? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I've already visited your blog. :)

      Delete
  9. Olá!

    Meus parabéns! Admiro você e sua vida saudável, haha,

    beijos
    https://nossomundorose.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Inspiring andyour results is so great ^^

    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazing! well done you :) and i hope you're doing well. thank you for dropping by on my blog, i'd love to talk to you more

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow babe!! I shall get back on my exercise track as I already didn't workout for 4 months!! :(

    Love,
    MissJasJas
    www.missjasjas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete